May 22, 2009

04. The ALMS is saved!!!

Fear not fellow fans, The ALMS as we know and love it is saved.

AUDI is returning, Acura will stay, and flowers are in the air. Ferrari will give F1 the bird, but be too lazy to start up a mirror series, and thus join the ranks of endurance racing starting next year (my sources say next week, but I say the odds are 3:1 since a little bird literally told me that, and it was not a duck, and I only trust ducks). Penske will return next year with a factory supported P1 Porsche due to increased frustration with Grand Am and their uncanny ability to punish successful non-American (engine) manufacturers. Oh yeah, an age old grudge match with Fiat will also sweeten the pot. GT2 will continue to swell to uber proportions. Ferrari will introduce it's next generation GT2 racer and they will have strong factory support. Ferrari will want P1 and GT2 all to itself. Porsche will counter blow for blow. GT1 will die and stay dead. GT3 grids will open it's arms to makes that do not start with 911. GA will go down in flames and handfull of DP and GT3 cars will jump ship to the ALMS to beef up P1, P2, GT2, and the Challange class (to be renamed GT3). Oh yeah, Audi, Porsche, and Ferrari will fight to be title sponsors next year due to increased exposure: Ferrari will win. 3 races will be added to the series. TV coverage will be 100% live with full coverage, preshows, and post-shows. Production values will be through the roof. The ALMS webpage will no longer look dated and will have amazing video content. Porsche will win the 2010 Le Mans but it will be an epic battle between Porsche, Ferrari, Pug, Audi, Aston Martin, Acura... and Toyota. Did I forget them? They will be in the ALMS too. Did I forget anything? Oh yeah... everyone will get laid.

We can all sleep soundly tonight.

You are welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dam nit, I think you are on to something!

LD said...

Wow! I can't wait for next season. Things really are looking up! NASCAR, watch out!

Mark said...

I wasn't sure about believing this until I got to "everyone will get laid" ... now I really really want to believe. Could it finally be about to happen?